Odense – Vejle - Grindsted
- 5.200 students cannot be wrong …
SDE College has 5,200 students per year and a staff of 867 employees, including teachers.
Fields of education
SDE College offers
- 35 different programmes under vocational education divided into 6 basic fields.
- EUX programmes, which consist of traditional vocational programmes combined with subjects at the upper secondary level. Succesful completion will ensure direct admission to higher education.
- Upper secondary technical education in both Odense and Vejle.
- A wide range of standard courses, adult continued education/training and tailor-made courses for supplementary education/training of individuals, companies, and organisations.
SDE College is the result of a merger
SDE College was founded in 2008 as the result of a merger between Odense Technical College (Odense Tekniske Skole) and Vejle Technical College (Vejle Tekniske Skole). The historical roots of the two colleges date back as far as 1844 and 1855, respectively.
Today, SDE College covers a large part of the Region of Southern Denmark, and we have spread our activities so that we now operate from a total of 12 locations in Jutland and on the island of Funen.
Besides being part of international networks and strategic projects, SDE College also offers our students to go abroad through two different mobility programmes:
PIU is an acronym for “Praktik I Udlandet” (Practical Work Training Abroad). This Danish system enables our students to find practical work training (apprenticeship) abroad, as a part of his/her Danish education. With PIU our students can find a practical work training also beyond Europe and for a longer period of time.